Sunday, January 15, 2012

I had too

Every year for the boys birthdays I have to do "my own thing". Being artsy is a blessing and a curse. I love being creative, much of the reason I am an art teacher is because I love making things. Adler's birthdays in the past have been huge, highly decorated, which I love. up in till this year, i honestly don't think that Adler even knew what his party's theme was. Ohhhh let me tell you. Year one, Safari; year two, Space; year three, fire trucks, and year four Lego's. Now, Zach and I had talked about not "going overboard" for this years party and I even told my mother in love that I was going to keep it simple. Well all was well until I had a minute to spare while at school two days before my sons 4th birthday. I thought to myself, I cant "not" do anything. And thus the planning begun. I made life size Lego's, basically there were Lego's everywhere, and I even made the boys cute shirts. Check out the Lego craze I succumbed to....
This Lego cake is from our neighborhood Randall's.

For these little cuties, which Adler loved, I took wooden blocks and painted them and them cut out felt circles and glued them on to give the look of a Lego.
These life size blocks are courtesy of my schools paper room. Adler is about as tall as the big red one.
I love how these turned out! Too bad I didn't get ONE picture of either of the boys in their shirts. bummer.

No comments: